FOR PICTURES FROM THE 1920 -1930's CLICK HERE
Thomas W. Campbell (1910's) - George W. Hall (1920s) - Carrie Campbell Hall (1952)
Beginning in 1914, Thomas Campbell developed the cottage resort "Campbell's Beach". Following his death in 1924, Carrie married George Hall. George and Carrie continued the operation until 1939. Widowed again, Carrie ran the business for an additional 24 years.
(Photo taken post Campbell's Beach era - 1980)
Just a sliver of the sandbar is out at the right.
Behind the cottages - south end - 1960's
Left to right: Dark cottage behind station wagon - Locust Beach; White cottage with side toward road - The Willows;
White cottage with door - Honeymoon; White cottage with two windows - Recreation;
Dark almost hidden cottage - Joel Baggs Inn; Nearest cottage - Good Luck.
Normally covered by high water in the spring, the sandbar would gradually emerge throughout the summer.
Old postcard - "Bar Bay, Branchport, NY" around 1910
The sandbar had bushes growing on it. Evidentially it was not covered by water as often.
The trees in the center of the photograph mark the location of the first cottage.
The cottage faced the main lake which can be seen beyond the sandbar.
Looking South from Campbell's Beach: